Saturday, May 8, 2010

Asparagus~~~Prozac???

OK....here goes the story!!!  Rob and I went to the BIG CITY of Columbus to watch a concert!!!
This was our first music concert and needless to say I was very excited.  However--Rob
thought it was kinda silly!!! Yeah--I did say our first~~that right!!! 
The couple that sat beside us during the concert proved
Rob to be correct!!!! That's a story for another day!!!!LOL!!!!Just let me say that ALCOHOL was involved.

Well---we went looking for the famous Jeni's ice cream.  WOW-MAN was it
earth changing.  I will definitely be on there mailing list and probably start
ordering that goats milk and cherry one!!! OH!! OH!! well you get the pic.

So---while I was people watching thru the van window I was noticing all of these beautiful
people and there nice suits and stiletto heals and I was thinking what in the world
am I doing wrong here!!! Now this is the life~~~~live in the BIG CITY walk a block for lunch
down the brick paved roads to have a nice glass of wine.  So I--got a little pissy on the
way home to little South Shore, KY.  Well, really I guess I got depressed.  OK--I said it!!!!
I was depressed!!!! I wanted to live that fancy smancheee BIG CITY life---walk a few blocks in my flats and eat at any restaurant of my choosing. 
I couldn't understand how they have what they had. 

So--the next day I came home and wanted to check out the strawberries and asparagus
patches.  So---I got on my short little pink robe and my flip-flops!! That's it!!!
Oh--no
I had my hand wrapped around a steaming gallon cup of coffee with cream!!!
I stooped down to find the largest amount of the most beautiful tender asparagus I had ever had my
hands on!!!!! I was headed back to the house and Rob was waiting for me on the porch.
He said, "I bet you can't go out half dressed and get what ya' got there in your hand livin' in the
BIG CITY!!!!!"  I got a great big smile on my face and I was reminded why I love
living here in little South Shore, KY!!!
I pick my asparagus each day around 11:00 and I have yet to be depressed since my return
from the BIG CITY!!!! This is the best PROZAC I have ever taken!!!!!



OH----the redbird that has a nest in the pine tree was the only creature for miles that saw
my bipee while picking the wonderful, beautiful, tender, crisp PROZAC otherwise known as
ASPARAGUS!!!!!!! That's another reason I could never live in the BIG CITY!!!!LOL!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute story! You made me giggle. That Asparagus looks Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest, that asparagus is AMAZING. All it needs is a little white gravy....YUM!

    ReplyDelete