Thursday, June 2, 2011

4X4 box will produce a 100lbs of potatoes

Earlier in the year I found a blog that had written about building a 4X4 box and just a few seed potatoes would produce 100 lbs. of potatoes.  I never really thought that we would attempt this little tale but on the off chance that Rob might be interested I forwarded it on to him at work??  Well…it struck a nerve or something because we are doing this little project.  I will have to say that it is working like a charm~~not that we are all that far into the project.  I am just sayin’ just in case it’s a flop and I will not have any potatoes that actually come out of these 4X4 box. 

garden 2011 may 001

garden 2011 may 013

garden 2011 may 016

These first few pictures are of Rob working on the beginning stages of the potato box.

potato box step 2 002

Now…rob will put another board around each side of the box~~then he will pour top-soil over the sprouts that you see here.

potato box step 2 004

Here is a close-up of the potato plant just in case you might want to see it~~not that you don’t already know what a potato plant looks like..but I took the darn picture so I am showing you.  Hope you don’t mind.  I will continue to write updates on the potato box and explain each step as we go.  Fun huh~~yeah I know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment