Ok~~this is the deal…we make one extra turkey before the “BIG FEAST” day. This turkey is for the stuffing—which is out of this world and I will be posting on how my skirt flies up when I take my first bite—but that’s next. We also use ol’ Tom Turkey for this HTS(hot turkey salad). Now that I have that off of my chest we can get back to the HTS. I mean this stuff is the “BOMB” and that’s just how it is!!! The entire family looks forward to mom making this for us the day after the “BIG FEAST”!!!!!!!!! I will show you a picture of this dish in just a sec. so hold on to your britches. I just want to say that you need to make a turkey and try this dish or chances are you may have enough left over in the frig to whip up this puppeee tonite~~go look and I will wait on ya!! It’s ok…seriously—go LOOK!!!! Ok--now that your back you know if you need to baste another bird or get started now!!!! Trust me…if your bored out of your gourd with turkey—you will love this dish!!!
Ain’t she a beeeuut~~don’t lie just because it’s me!! I know this is not a looker but I am begging you to trust me on this one!!! Oh…Oh…Oh…look at that stunning piece of marble~~do ya see it? It’s under the dish that’s holding the HTS. Well---that was gift from my honey~~I am thinking it’s a hint for more pastries!!! Like pies—or should I say choc cream pie—and I am not talking out of a box here folks!!! I am talkin’ bout the reeeel thing babe!!! That box stuff doesn’t enter my pastry shells!!!
OOOOOOK~~give me a break--I just had to tell ya that!! It was weighing heavily on my mind. Back once again to the HTS—you can taste the tang of the mayo—and for the love of all things good…do NOT ruin this by substituting miracle whip for the mayo~~oh lord I can’t believe I just typed the word miracle whip. I can’t stand the stuff and why on EARTH they called it “MIRACLE” is beyond me!!! I would not call this a miracle in any shape…form…or fashion. Even if it joined my fairy tea lights on a red wine evening. I’m sorry but I just wouldn’t!! Do what ya’ want but I won’t be held accountable for the travesty your about to commit. Now that I am down off of my high horse—speaking of horse—SanDee is doin’ just dandeee!!!! That sounded good—it rhymed and all~~can ya tell I miss teaching 2nd graders?? OK!!!!!HTS!!!! Your mouth just has an explosion of crunch-zing-tang—sharp(cheese)—savory(turkey and nuts) all in one bite.
OK~~I am finished with this post!!!
Just kidding~~sheeesh…I am gonna give ya the recipe!!!
- 2 cups cubed turkey (cooked) now who were you kidding mom?? you have never cubed the turkey—just pull the stuff ya want to use off of the bone and be done with it!!!
- 1 cup MAYO~do I have to type it again??
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I prefer pecans)
- 1 cup cheese(now don’t let mom fool ya’ here—she has never in her life just used one cup of cheese) more like 1.5 or 2 (we use cheddar)
- 2 cups diced celery(now she does dice this) probably not such a good idea to put the entire thing in dish?? You could try if ya want!!!
- 2 cups croutons or toasted bread crumbs (prolly a good idea to tear this up into small pieces but mom put cubed~~what did I tell ya about cubed?? ok…you got it!!!
- salt and pepper to taste
That’s it~~mix it all together and pop it in the oven on 425 for about 15-20 mints.