Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cookies…Cookies and More COOKIES!!

Every year at this time I make these one special cookies.  They are a dream to eat but not such a dream to make!!! Time consuming and not such a friendly cookie on the wallet.  That’s ok~~Rob paid for it!!! Shhh….don’t tell him.  I will do that after he eats 2 or 3 and he won’t be a bit mad!!! Remember—the way to a man’s heart is thru his stomach.  I believe that to be a fact.  OK, back on subject~~COOKIES and not just any cookie but these little butter coins!!!  I have a 17 year old who has reminded me at every opportunity that it is the beginning of December and times a tickin’ for those little cream dream wafers!! He puts a little twist on the request by adding in a little guilt. He reminds me that I have not been up to making them the last few years thinking that I will get right on it!!! YES!!! It worked~~

Here they are!!!!!

cake and cookies 006

Green icing~~for Christmas!! I mean the tree is usually green so I grabbed it!! Not to mention that it was the first one I saw and I didn’t want to dig thru all of the baking clutter to get to the other colors!!! Sorry but it is the “TRUTH”.

cake and cookies 010

cake and cookies 013

Look at that sugar~~OH YEAH BABEEE!!! This is what Christmas is all about!! Sugar----

cake and cookies 017

These little creameee dreameee butter crispeee wafers deserve the best presentation so I pulled our all the stops!!! I put them on a nice high pedestal cake stand.  Do ya’ blame me?? I really think your answer will be~~NOPE!! Remember…these only make an appearance in our house during the Christmas season!!!!  Not that you really want to see the icing bowl but I am gonna show you because this is not just any icing!!!! This is BUTTER cream icing!!! BUTTER—I am talking lots of butter.  Not as much as I put in the cookies but I had to leave some for the toast in the morning!!! What would I put with my honey!? These are the important decisions that I have to make on a daily basis. 

cake and cookies 023

MMMMM~~worth money in your pocket and it’s green!!!  See being lazeee pays off!!! It fits right in with my blog post!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment